Saturday, April 19, 2008

Why am I cleaning cupboards?!

We are on the verge of releasing at Unity...10 days to go...why am I cleaning cupboards?! Maybe because there is Tupperware, color crayons, play dough, pans, plates and dish towels in cupboard #1 - and as I open the next we have grape nuts, coffee filters, red hots, plates, bowls, a Hershey bar and coffee saucers. What in the world?! THIS is what happens when you find it important that the entire family "help out" - even the 5 year old. Laugh. I sometimes wish that kicking things to the side DID qualify as suitable means of clean up - or how about the whole "out of sight, out of mind I'll just stick it in ....HERE" thought process? Anyone have individuals in their home with that mode of thinking? My personality tends to be on the laid back side and I can live with a little dis-order - but when I decide to clean, I clean. Nothing half hearted about it. When I was little, I remember being sent to my room to tidy up, and I literally would pull everything out of it's place and start FRESH. I still do that. It's a lengthy process, but when I am finished things sparkle! So as I sit in my "sparkly" living room, I have a keen little sense of accomplishment - it will last all of 2 days. The female to male ratio in my house is 6 to 1 - A consistent tidy environment is nearly impossible, I have been brought to the "dark side" of messiness. I often refer to my house as a snow globe that has been shaken and set down. I beg you, call before you come.

Life at Unity is exciting! I am being contacted by so many significantly relevant people in this industry with support regarding our new mounting system. I am going to stay silent with specifics. I can tell you it is BIG and it is EXCITING - our dreams are manifesting on a daily basis. As I look through my journal & even go back to the beginning of this blog I note all the quotes, and words of inspiration that I have been drawing from for months. I am a devout advocate of positivity, faith, and taking responsibility for the life you are living. I have been studying faith & spirituality from every angle for years - I love the place it has brought me in this lifetime, each and everyday I wake up with warm sense of contentment with where I am, yet excitement for where I am going.

I have a request in on my Unity blog for people to leave RANDOM or AMAZING facts about themselves. I thought I would take a moment to list a few "randoms" about ME.

  1. 3 of my 4 babies were born nearly 10lbs & every single one was 23 inches long.
  2. I love to FiSH! Sunfish are my favorite. On any given warm sunny day a fishing rod, nightcrawlers and a fishing boat is considered prime entertainment.
  3. Last March we became the "Cub Foods" family. Television showcased the Magnuson's in a local grocery store commercial filmed in Minneapolis. My kids still get grief at school...not to mention the slack we take when caught grocery shopping at Super Walmart!
  4. I move my furniture around about every 3 months, DRIVES Chris NUTS! (thanks for the reminder Susan, i guess that is a little random - not EVERYONE does that, do they?)

Big day of cooking tomorrow! It is not every day your parents celebrate 40 years together!

Inspirational Quotes that I love, courtesy of Mr. Albert Einstein:

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science."

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous."

"If at first an idea isn't absurd, there's no hope for it."

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world."


2 comments:

Susan Westberg said...

Hilarious! We don't even think twice about crayons and chocolate being in the same cupboard at your house. It's just how it is! You didn't write about moving furniture all the time - that's my favorite. :)

Latisha said...

I move my furniture around a lot too, buts that is ok. Wow 40 years how special. At the end of May I am going to my aunt and uncle's 40th anniv. as well. Best wishes and a healthy happy forty more!